View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 07:22 AM   #2
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

It is time to have the fifth wheel hitch installed.We have priced out the draw-tire and Reese 16K hitch.Both ,by the way are made by the same parent company like Thor industries is the parent company for Keystone and many other RV manufacturers. There is a $133.00 price difference between the 2 with the draw tite being the less expensive. That is for the hitch, rails,pivot head lock and installation. My installer who has installed many of each says that Reese looks to be sturdier.I note that the shipping weight on the Reese is several lbs more that the Draw-tite so the Reese MAY well be sturdier. Does anyone have any information on what the difference may be..if there is any.Either hitch would work for us ..just curious as to what the extra 133.00 is for on the Reese..
There may be a difference in the capacity of the hitch, I'm not sure. I've had both hitches and I don't remember any difference between the overall operation of the two. For my money, if you are undecided between these two hitches and these two only, I'd go with the Draw-tite.
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote