View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #5
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
Since yours is a newer rig I'm not sure what is behind your TV. But like BB said about the input from the outside.
1st you got to find which oulet comes in and which goes to the back TV. That's half the battle. There is 2 connections
on one outlet plated
2nd run a coax from the in connection from outside to your satellite input on the back of the reciever
3rd run a coax for #1 TV up to the livingroom TV.
4th run a coax back to that outlet to the one that goes to the bedroom TV from the back of the receiver for #2 TV
5th the coax that comes in the back from the bedroom TV should go to the livingroom TV with a splitter that goes to your FM antenna
If you did #3 already it should be disconnected from the livingroom TV.... take that line and there should be an
over the air antenna connection on the back of the receiver, plug it in there.

Now the satellite signal comes into the rig to the receiver back out to the outlet to go back to the bedroom TV. You must turn off the power to the antenna.

Now if you want to watch over the air TV just turn off the satellite and turn on the power to the antenna.

To watch cable you must disconnect the 2 coax's connnected to that outlet and mark them. Then reconnect the short coax jumper to those 2 outlet and turn off the power antenna.

Now if you stay in one place for a good while it's not too much of a pain but while on the road it can be because each time you change you got to reprogram your TV. I have a diagram I drew up myself but don't know how to get it on here. It seems confusing but if you go step by step and write it all down it helps.
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote