View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #4
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
As far as the equipment, I went to dishformyrv.com and ordered a package deal that included the receiver, tripod mounted dish, and installation cables. I have since bought a Tailgater satellite dish. You can also get that as part of a package now.
Not sure how yours is wired. You just need to run a cable from the satellite dish to the back of the Dish receiver. And an HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV.
On mine, I only had one coax input to the trailer for park cable. And there was a jumper behind the TV. I could remove the jumper and run a coax from that port to the receiver and it would work. But I left the original coax connector as it was and added a second coax connector for the satellite. In my case it was fairly simple as there was (reasonably) easy access to an outside wall behind the TV. That way I can use either sat or park cable or both.
But I believe the new ones already have a separate sat coax input??? True??? If so, then it should just be a matter of locating that input and run a coax cable from it to the receiver. And an HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV.
I got the VIP211K receiver and as steelpony5555 mentioned it is a single tuner receiver. That is no problem for us as we only watch one channel at a time any way. I don't watch that much TV in the first place. I do have it connected to the bedroom TV also, but what ever is showing on the living room TV is what is showing on the bedroom TV. If for some reason I wanted to watch something different from the DW, and if the park had cable, we could have sat on the living room and cable, or antenna, on the bedroom.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote