View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 02:28 PM   #15
Travelling Three
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19003
satellite tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenkco View Post
Here are a few quick tips to setup your tripod.
Dish is somewhat more difficult as you are trying to hit satellites from 110, 119 and 129.

The first step is to make sure the mast on your tripod is completely plumb. I use a torpedo level and get 3 horizontal points fully level. I measure opposite of the three legs. Next, I do the same for the vertical using the same three points over the legs. It's a bit overkill, but IT WORKS!

If your in an area with wind, secure the tripod. There are several methods. I use 2-1 gallon jugs of water and tie them to the bottom of the mast. Recheck your levels.

Next, I set the skew and elevation. I do this on a bench or back of the pickup. DO NOT DO THIS ON YOUR MAST. I find the specs using Dish pointers: http://www.dishpointer.com/
Enter the address, click on multi-LNB setups
scroll down to dish 1000.2, 110, 119 & 129
Set your dish based on these specs.

Now, mount your dish on the tripod fully tightening the bolts on the mast. Leave the mast slightly loose so that you can rotate the dish.

I normally don't bother with the azimuth as I have a meter that I attach to the coax to tune in the satellites. I fine tune to the meter, tighten the mast and I'm done.

My experience is that the more time I take to make sure the mast is plumb and that the elevation and skew is correct, the balance of the installation is very quick and easy.

Hope that helps

Ken
Thanks Ken..im going to print this out and keep at the ready! Ill take all the help I can get.
Travelling Three is offline   Reply With Quote