View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 11:56 AM   #12
Travelling Three
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19003
satellite tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grzly03 View Post
Traveling 3, this scenario is exactly what I fought with DISH about for months. Read my lips! EXACTLY! The problems with the secondary terminal on the Tailgater will never end, in my experience. I did the most toward giving us acceptable satellite operation by doing two things. (1) I drilled through the outside wall as close to the Wallys as I could get, and put a coax terminal there for each TV, wired directly to Wally, and (2) stopped trying to use the secondary on the Tailgater. Your channel selection is limited by what you can receive on the primary. DISH, in my opinion, is not a technically saavy solution. OK, wait, they may be technically saavy, but they certainly don't live up to their advertising hype, and don't deliver what they say they will.
I'm onboard with you on dish techs. ive had them out here twice with zero results, I'm surprised they even answer my phone calls. I'm not sure where the isuue is. I can connect both wallys to the tripod AND using the camper wall coax connectors in the convenience panel and both wallys/tvs work fine. we full time and travel frequently therefore I don't want to hassle with a tripod, maybe my solution is a roof mounted dish? Five tears ago we had dish and because of similar issues we bought out our contract. I thought maybe today because of falling satellite contracts do the popularity of streaming video, dish might have improved their services. silly me!
Travelling Three is offline   Reply With Quote