Thread: mice
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2016, 11:35 AM   #11
Kampn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18069
Peppermint oil and water: The shop where I get my work done offers a de-mousing service and prevention treatment. They use a spray made up of peppermint oil and water, a 50/50 mix, which is much stronger then what I've read on various websites, but its what they use. If you have mice already they start by spraying the inside of the camper, a squirt in every cabinet shelf, a squirt in every nook and cranny. I would think for mice in the ceiling you would look for a way to get a bit in the ceiling, perhaps remove some trim or something. They told me they wait a week for the mice to leave and then they spray all the areas under the camper where a mouse might gain access to it. They said their recommendation is two treatments a year, spring and fall, to prevent further mice issues. They did note that the second yearly treatment was only on the outside. They say they guarantee their treatment to rid a camper of mice. They charge $10 a foot for the service but they are quick to tell you that you can do it yourself, just don't skimp on buying real peppermint oil. Yes, they said there would be a peppermint odor for awhile. I haven't experienced mice with our current camper, though we have had mice in all our other campers and like the rest of you I hate the little visitors. I've used traps and when desperate even poison..talk about a stink! I'm going to buy some peppermint oil and give it a try as a prevention on this camper and see if it works.
Kampn is offline   Reply With Quote