View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 02:42 AM   #38
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Dad-gum, this is terrible news. Glenn and I had some very heated discussions, but I always respected him greatly. I always felt we were a lot alike, opinionated, and not afraid to express our opinions. I remember once after we had cussed and discussed an issue, he made a statement such as, "If I ever meet you, uh, er, I'll buy you a cup of coffee". That always stuck with me.

I usually don't post on threads like this; I just say my prays and go on about my business. But it seems just yesterday Glenn was such a big part of this forum. I never had the pleasure of meeting him and Lorraine, as we really don't travel much any more. One thing I can assure you though, there were some Texas size prayers sent up from here for them last night.

I had talked to an elderly acquaintance here yesterday that just lost his companion of 62 years.(not a typo) She passed about six weeks ago, and he came here to get away; a place they used to visit. Her birthday was the 12th, and he told me he and his daughter visited a favorite state park here, and signed a birthday card to her, and dropped it in the water. He then broke down, and I got this huge lump in my throat. I came in and relayed what he had told me to my wife, with the lump in my throat so big I could hardly speak. Then I read this thread last night.......
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote