View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 06:05 PM   #3
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
No your idea is not dumb. Hwy-20 from I-5 to Hwy-101 is a popular route and you won't have a problem taking your Monty that way. The quicker you get off of I-5 and onto Hwy-101 the better. Much more scenic on Hwy-101.

The Oregon State Parks are terrific, but you will be getting to that time when school is out and the tourists are in full bloom. Reservations are recommended. One of our favorite RV places is the Winchester Bay RV Resort about 20 miles north of Coos Bay. Ask for a spot on the outside on the west. These back up to the river/ocean and are perfect for viewing out the rear window. Be aware the park is pricey.

Fort Stevens near Astoria is another favorite park. Grayland State Park in WA is also a wonderful stop. I am sure there are lots of wonderful park along the coast, but these are the ones we come back to.

Do you plan to get to Seattle via the coast through the Olympic forest (which is a long way around - but very scenic if you have the time) or by cutting northeast near Aberdeen?

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote