View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 03:11 AM   #7
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Nice to know that I have company when I watch Idol! Neil Diamond--what a force, right? To stay on top and be as good as he is for so long is rare these days. He seemed to be quite a gentleman, too. I had the good luck to see him perform live a long time ago; he started on time, gave the audience 110% during the show, and then stayed around afterwards to shake hands with fans. His show was nothing a Temptations performance I attended once in Houston. That thing started 3 hours late, the group sang only one song, and then they left. (I'm sure you think everyone who paid to see that non-event deserved every single rotten moment, and you're so right. Some of us had no brains when we were younger.)

I think I'm ready to make a final prediction: Brooke White will go tonight. Could be wrong, but my gut feeling is that as good as she is, her appeal to the keypad-punching-teens is not quite as strong as that of Jason or Syesha. Can't wait to get to work this morning and see what my students think.

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote