Thread: China Tires
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2017, 06:33 AM   #44
Dixie Flyer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodturner View Post
The more I read the confusider I get. We are leaving eastern Oklahoma June 5th on a trip to Jasper Canada plus some side trips along the way there and back. I estimate around 5000 miles total and two months time. We have a 2014 Montana 3582rl with 110 psi rated rims and new g614 tires inflated to 100 psi. I will be trying to hold my speed between 62 and 65 mph. My question is have I got the rig sit up to handle a trip like that? We will be pulling with a 2015, 3500 Ram dully with the factory tow package.
I ran the Good Year G614 tires for several years on my 2011 Montana without any problems. I did keep them at 110 psi at all times. Must have put over 15,000 miles on them before trading the Montana for a Foretravel MH, big mistake. Anyway I am back with a Montana 3611rl and would have put the G614 tires on it, but the money would not allow me to buy rims and tires, so I went with the Endurance. We are planning another trip to Michigan in July after having completing a trip of 1.300 miles from Greenville, South Carolina to the Gulf Shores of Alabama and then to Hilton Head Island, South Carolina and then back home. So far the Endurance is doing great, but I will hold total judgment after the travels are over this summer.

You will be fine on your trip as long as you don't run over something on the highway that causes a tire failure. Of course in all things there is always that unexpected thing that happens no matter what you do and how careful you are, its called Murphy's Law.
Dixie Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote