View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 03:40 PM   #23
Otto02
Established Member

M.O.C. #18236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparatacus View Post
Thank you guys I am very excited to pick her up this week. I have a question the truck that I will be picking up this week have the gooseneck prep in it and the one that I have now is the B&W slider and I can't transfer it to my new truck. So I'm looking for the base only, but here the question, can I get away with the base non-slider and not get the slider? The non-slider in cheaper of course but I was wondering before I order can I get away with the non-slider, thanks guys for your help.
I have a 2015 Ram 3500. Ram, like I believe other makers uses a proprietary puck system. I ended up buying the Ram specific frame and was able to use my Curt hitch. Since yours is a short bed I think most Montana's have the angled nose cap which may allow you to get away without a sliding hitch. The only issue I have had with my truck was when Uconnect sent a faulty software upgrade that prevents the bumper back up camera from showing images in the main dash screen- they appear in my rear view mirror. Otherwise I think they are great trucks. You will enjoy the exhaust brake and built in brake controller. Best of luck. Steve
Otto02 is offline   Reply With Quote