View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 12:32 PM   #28
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
snip> I suspect that a residential fridge that goes out is cheaper to replace than it is to fix in many cases. They are built to be the cheapest to buy not the longest lasting. That is a trend that unfortunately we as consumers are responsible for because we tend to buy the unit that costs less (IE: we are unwilling to pay for quality). Not the case for everyone but I suspect at least 90% of purchases.<snip>
Wow! I suspect someone has not went shopping for a refrigerator lately. They are generally much less $$$ to repair than replace. There are no high quality residential refrigerators. Some of the built-ins might lead one to suspect the quality is high but that is an illusion. I just retired from the industry after ~40 years working on them. A typical labor charge is ~$165. Parts run from $7.50 to $400. New 18 cu foot trio (3 door) Samsung start at ~1,200. You can get a dorm reefer for ~$400. they have not reached the same "throw away" level as under 50" flat screen TVs. Yet. I would mirror what James said. Call Samsung direct. Have a dedicated reefer dude come fix it, especially if under warranty.