View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 05:12 AM   #18
RickW
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9139
I recently upgraded tow vehicles. Going from a Class 2 truck to a Class 8 was a day/night difference. Last week while on the way home from my first trip pulling with the Volvo (600 miles round trip) I was passed by triple axle toy hauler. We were entering a construction zone and the speed dropped from 70mph to 55mph. I was already doing 55 and this guy passed me like I was sitting still. I know it was a single rear wheel truck but he went by so fast I could not tell if it was a class 2 or 3 truck. He scared me and I was not riding with him.

A Select series Double Tree was on our short list. We decided on the Monty in the end. We also originally thought that we could get by for a few years with the F250 with the Monty. A 4k mile trip and the associated repairs required after driving that many miles overloaded was enough for us to decide to upgrade now instead of later. With the Ford the trailer would constantly remind me it was back there, with the Volvo I have to check to make sure it is still there.

Our new setup: http://www.wyliephotos.com/Volvo780/PostBed-2.jpg
RickW is offline   Reply With Quote