View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #13
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Yes, that's correct. The speed limit is stamped right on the side of most STs and it's usually 65. I've heard that the Goodyear G614 limit is 70mph, but there is still a limit with those tires.

I don't ever go faster than 65, even downhill. I'll downshift, take my foot off the pedal, or just plain use the brakes. If I can't pass at a maximum of 65mph, then I don't pass. Sure it takes a little longer to get there, but then I know I'll be able to get home, too. I also don't want to impede traffic and will pull off more often than the law states (5 vehicles).

If the parking space is too tight, I don't park there! Have you seen what your tires look like on a tight turn, especially backing up? It's not pretty. The axles are straight across and there's NO differential. Even at my house where I store the rig, there's a pretty good turn but I will go forward and back at least a couple of times to ensure those tires are sitting straight up and down.

I'll keep doing this no matter what tires I end up with. It's just not worth the risk. Like someone mentioned, just consider that the only things your TV and trailer that sit on the road is with a palm size pad of tire tread. And there's a lot of weight, too.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote