View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 04:25 PM   #17
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipermanden View Post
OK, here is the math for our storage facility, which is new and well maintained. The spots are 12 feet wide. So if I park dead center, and the person on my stair side parks dead center, then there is less than 4 feet between us. My slides can make it out, because they are 41" from the side of the 5ver. If any of you solid folks have measured, the solid stairs are about 53" totally pushed in on the adjustment on the bottom, so it will not swing down between RV's OK, so I could move over around 9-10" and the I won't be able to put out my slides on the other side, especially if the other people are not dead center, or are close to me than they should be. 53" is a lot. I thought they should have one pivot point in the middle of the solid steps, so they can be brought down in a slight bend position, and then straighten them out, once they are below the RV next to you in storage. The 4 step folding stairs we have on our 2107 3820FK, are really solid. I don't see the benefit of going with something that is more solid only to have dirt and debris go into the coach every time you have to fold up the stairs to move on to the next RV park. If you stay at RV spots for longer than a month, then it is not a bother, but we have stayed at around 60 parks in the last two years, and have another 27 to go this season.
Ok so don’t buy a solid step or any camper that has them or have the dealer retrofit folding steps. Problem solved

Fairly obvious your only part time if your storing the unit in that tight a location so what is the big deal about just waiting till your hooked up to access unit?? I have never seen a campground so tight that solid steps would be an issue and I sure as heck wouldn’t stay in one!!!

Either that or find a better storage location or SIMPLY REPLACE the solid steps with something that works for you??

I’m calling BS on the dirt and water in the camper that is a realllllyyyyyyy weak point and very easy to address.

For many mature folks solid entry steps are VERY important. Obviously Keystone understands that as well. Granted it might take some MINOR adjustments to use them but they are just that. MINOR!
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote