View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 11:08 AM   #12
D2IKType
Established Member

M.O.C. #13220
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by D2IKType

I am adding little things to my 3455SA and have come up against a wall. When the front door is opened the interior "Ceiling Light" comes on. The button switch at the door is a CHEAP item and jams enough to necessitate forcing the door shut. I have already added gas struts to the front storage compartment door. I'll be installing a light in that compartment but would like to have it light when the door opens. So, does anyone out there have as source for a better quality switch that I can use at the front door and the front compartment door?
Thank you all. Taking some advice from each I:removed the switch and cleaned it with WD30 then lubricated it thoroughly with lithium; I squared up the door hinge/actuator; and flipped and reinstalled the switch - no more problem with the door. As for the front compartment light, I am using a magnetic switch as used in intrusion alarms at doors and windows.

added 9/3/13
Seems I "spoke" too soon. The alarm switches are normal "on". I am now in search of a mercury switch that I have somewhere in my parts bucket. Thanks for all your help. It's time to start getting ready for winter. Jump off Nov 15 to Harper's Ferry WV, Chattanooga TN, Meridien MS, New Orleans LA, Pensacola NAS, Eglin AFB, Topsail State Pk FL, Lake Mary FL and finally our winter spot in Dover, FL until March 31st.
D2IKType is offline   Reply With Quote