Thread: disc brakes
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 11:21 AM   #8
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Fire5er, I only posted my experience because when I have posted my "trailer fault" problem in the forum looking for ideas, rain and brakes was mentioned by a couple of posters. Admittedly, since I have not the experienced the issue since I don't know if rain was the actual cause. However, problems aside it has been shown disc brakes work in the rain better than drums and this should be the realized benefit.

I just recently read somewhere else that the Ford Tow Command will have difficulty with disc brakes but now I need to find the article so I can post it. It may have had to do with using a hydraulic disc brake system. I assumed electric disc brakes probably wouldn't have the problem. I thought it explained how to fix this (getting to Ford and getting the TC reprogrammed or using an adapter) but I just don't remember enough. Darn this CRS disease. I am looking for the article.

Hopefully paddler gets his answer from the vendor prior to installation. Make sure that whatever the fix is that you can still tow and brake with other trailers, as well just in case you use your TV with other trailers.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote