View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 04:48 PM   #5
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQDick View Post
Sprayed ours with silicone for a year or so and now they don't do it much. May have just worn the plastic spaces down.

No plastic in ours. Metal to floppy metal non removeable pin contact that some $15/can lube wouldn't touch though did stop the rear stabilizers from squealing - finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb5717 View Post
The hinges in my HC look like basic bifold hinges. Is that what you have? I would think that if you do need to mortise for aftermarket hinges that it wouldn't have to be much. You should be able to mortise the door edge a little and not worry about the jamb.

They are just really flimsy no mortise hinges. I tried a pair of similar but heavier hinges from Home Depot but they push the door closer to the opposite (latch)side enough that itwont close. I suppose I could run the doors through my table saw and narrow them a bit - but then would need to do some staining. I could try just mortising the door but piano hinges just sounds easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARK A View Post
I'm not positive, but standard handsets might not work, these 'doors' are thinner than a regular door.

That may be true. I think I have a used S&B one that I'll try -- or just take one off a door for a trial run before I spend the bucks for better new ones
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote