View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 06:35 AM   #2
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
In November 2003, I pulled my 2955 out of covered storage for a trip from Omaha to Fort Walton Beach. The rear cap caught the edge of a 6X6 upright and did about $10,000 worth of damage. Off to the dealer, dealer said, "Uh-uh!" It was beyond his capability. However, he did have a contract with an outfit close-by that does RV repairs on many makes and models. I took the Monty to him. He gave me an estimate in about 45 minutes. I paid him the $500 deductable and he assisted in working with the insurance company. 10 days later he gave the Monty back with a new rear cap, new tail lights, shore-power receptacle, and maxi-vents on the roof.

I think the answer to you is simply this: Keystone (Montana) can only respond to what the dealer gives them. It sounds to me like the service manager at your dealership needs to be replaced with someone who actually cares about customers. The mishap with my Monty was entirely on me. The repair facility I had was top-notch. Keystone responded quickly to their enquiries and orders. I can find no fault with Keystone and with my particular case, the dealership.
lasater is offline   Reply With Quote