Thread: Question 2
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2005, 11:38 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
To add a little to Vicki's comments, our first year to year and a half of traveling we had a number of relatives and friends to visit, spread around the country. We also had some places we wanted to see. We now are slowing things down a bit, staying a little longer in one place. In other words, we're getting out of vacation mode and realized we don't have to see everything in a week or even two. We can take some time to relax and just be retired, do the housecleaning, maintenance (aka reality days), and all, and still have plenty of time to see everything we want to see. We still won't stay too long in one place. Last "winter" we spent about 5 weeks, Thanksgiving through Christmas, near our kids in the Kansas City area. Then spent a month in Austin, TX, area. This winter we spent 2 1/2 months near the kids in Kansas City and are spending 2 months in the Savannah, GA,area. We plan to spend a month in the Yellowstone area and two weeks to a month near Glacier National Park next summer, then a month or more in Utah before heading to Reno for the rally. We'll still spend a week in some places but we're learning to figure how much time we need to see everything then add some time for being retired and the reality days.

As for Vicki's comment about being in cold weather, I told her when we were in northern Indiana and saw some highway signs that I will never settle down in an area that has snowmobile crossing signs on the highways! Or at least I won't be there during the winter!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote