View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 12:16 PM   #5
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Read again, I am referring in the most part to the really prime campgrounds. Many want to stay at the best. They are quite hard to get into in the Valley in January and February. That is all I am saying.

Again, due to fuel and economic conditions this year, it very well may be that what was true last year and in the last several years past will not be true this winter. But, where we stay and in several others that we have stayed at over the last 4 years, you will not get in there without a reservation. Last year at BPV, you could not beg, borrow or steal a site during January or February. Not even for in the middle of the week for a couple of days. This was also true at a few of the other parks we are familiar with.

Several years ago, we arrived about the 1st of February and we could not get into our park of choice, they did, as you say, call over to a sister park, and got us a site. The results were we were at a expensive site, and were not really happy. Lots of reasons why. Our lesson learned, reservations are better for ole Carol & Al.

Some are quite comfortable with just showing up in the AM and taking their chances, some of us (ME ) are not comfy doing so. I want to know I have a site to stay at. Do the same running down the road. Not comfy doing the Wal*Mart camping. I want to pull into a campground, with at least electric and set up. We each have our 'comfy zones'. Eh??

osofine asked for some opinions, I gave mine, and that is my story and I am sticking to it!

Hey, Helen, how is that site in Florida?? Did your plants survive, etc??

Ya know, one more thought, this RVing thing has become soooooooooooo popular the last few years, baby boomers and retirees have more $$ to spend than ever before, campgrounds in a lot of places we stay at are booked well in advance, State Campgrounds specially here in Michigan, are starting to book already for next year. 6 months out, soooo, it is only a couple of weeks out from the reservation frenzy for Memorial Day 2008 in Michigan State Parks.

It is our experiences that formulate my responses. And, of course, again, our comfort levels.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote