View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 01:45 AM   #8
kozzy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18144
Yeah I have lifted it out with the pin before and used a cart, I just miss the Reese I had, could separate it into 2 pieces and lift out. I like the super glide but its just so heavy, but I love the auto slide feature. I don't have the capabilities to add a hoist system in my garage, so im just looking for a lighter option, I usually have to take the hitch out of my truck every time im not using it. When I leave it on the cart, I worry about my kids, who are both 6, moving around it to get there power wheels, bikes, etc, and it falling or hurting them...Those new lightweight hitches look great, but I just don't know enough about them. Everyone has there opinions, about the function and stresses they may cause. I figure there are smart engineers that worked on them, smarter than me, and they would not be available if they didn't work. I'm sure some people have had issues with them,. but im also pretty sure if you look around, there will be someone that has had issues with the conventional style fifth wheel hitches as well. I have found people that have had issues with both Reese and Pull Rite. Id really like first hand experience with their use in a short box (6 '5") pickup and the turning radius. I have never had to go full 90 degrees, but I can, and I have come close before...
2019 Ram 3500 SRW Laramie CTD 6.7
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote