View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 07:00 PM   #5
hoosierhuskies

M.O.C. #22463
Buying a Repo

We were hesitant to buy a repo at first. But, the unit seemed to be in such good shape and we thought we could never afford something this nice. We were able to negotiate and came out saving about $8k off it's valued price. Repairs were said to be several thousand dollars. Dual A/C units had electrical issues (spent $9 for a new wire and fished wires through duct work-now both units work as they should). Fireplace did not come on (light bulbs were burnt out-cost $10). Samsung home theater unit was missing (found one on Ebay for $70). Ignigter on kitchen stove would not spark (wire was unattached-cost $0). Kitchen faucet was missing ($40 on Amazon). Water Pressure Regulator Switch was bad (replaced whole unit for $60 as it was cheaper than buying switch). Water line had a hole chewed in it (free to repair as my husband is a plumber). Furnace door was melted in the corner ($35 on Amazon). The dealer wanted to replace the carpet. I know this would be pricey so I had it cleaned for a little of nothing and the unit is almost back to the way it came out new.
hoosierhuskies is offline   Reply With Quote