View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 06:13 PM   #7
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Consider it our commitment, J.D., especially here at Denali. It is breathtaking. The mountains are on such a grand scale, which makes it stand apart from other mountaineous areas that we've visited. It is a beautiful area and one that is not spoiled by a lot of commercializations. We are at Denali Rainbow Village which is very close to the Riley entrance. And we have WiFi! We are parked at the far corner of this gravel parking lot so I have to play with it a little, but it works. I can and will move closer to the office if I need to.

Glen and I have signed up for an early eight hour ride into the park, with the hope that we'll get in there before the rain comes. And we signed up for an "old folks" float trip on Thursday. We drove into the park tonight, as far as private vehicles can go, which is only 15 miles one way. Then we drove through the Riley Creek campground. We're glad to be staying out of the park. If we had a truck camper or tent, the campground would be a great place to stay but it would be tight for a 34 or 37 feet fifth wheel. It also happened to be full since they now have a reservation system online, I believe. So we're lined up in the parking lot but we have a great view of the foothills and can easily take a stroll through the business district which is lined up on either side of the main road. We splurged on a Salmon Bake tonight and it was delicious. The weather and the mosquitoes are both cooperating. The only time we've been bothered by mosquitoes was when we walked at dusk. They're mean when they bite, less friendly than the ones in Alabama.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote