View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 02:19 PM   #1
akf15e
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9143
Picked it up today!

Christmas in March! Hitched up the 03 Mountaineer 298RLS and towed it to the dealer to trade in (along with a sizeable check of course) for the 2009 3400RL 10th Anniversary edition. What an awesome rig!

Pretty painless - all of the issues I had pointed out in the "pre" PDI were fixed for the PDI. Only hiccup was I had a "senior moment" and left the title to my old 5er at home. Dealer was gracious enought to let me bring the new rig home and I'll get the title to him ASAP. I have to decide on the extended warranty as well. Tough call as they are not cheap, but neither are RV parts.

First stop was the CAT scales as I am a bit concerned about towing with a 2500. I was very pleased with the way it towed up I-95 and on the back roads. The Duramax knows there is another ton+ back there, but not too bad overall. Stopping distance seems marginally longer, but not bad either. Handled great with the semis blowing past. Happy to see all of the weights, save the truck GVWR, are well within limits. That is a couple of hundred over right now. We are pretty light packers, but I'll reweigh when I load everything back in. Taking a trip next week and will see how it does.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions of fellow 3400 owners as I shake it down. Lots more toys then my other rig to figure out.

Thanks for listening!

Butch
akf15e is offline   Reply With Quote