View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 08:07 AM   #8
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
If you have not found a solution. You should probably re-invent the wheel and move the whole assembly closer to the wheels. Only once have I had a drag issue and it wasn't the spare just the rear. It was at a gas station and didn't drag for long plus it was down hill but still sounded nasty. I stopped and inspected it and removed some paint on the rear beams. Did not hit the tire though and the ladder was fine. Little touch up paint was all that was required.
I had a problem with the spare tire loss on an old F350. Looked on line and found a winch assembly for a song and a dance. Purportedly for a f150. How much difference could there be. It was a dorman brand. for the short money it was worth the risk. It worked with a little wiggling of the screw holes. It would of been better if I drilled them out oversize.
MY point is you can get something else if your's is too damaged to repair and make something aftermarket work for you. Unless you are the type of it has to be original equipment OEM or nothing.