View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 07:34 AM   #6
snowbunny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #409
I have heard that Route 66 is OK on a Mac. Last week at MacWorld in San Francisco I saw RouteBuddy which seems good on a Mac but doesn't have complete maps for Canada yet.

Personally, I have been a Mac user since 1984 and today I use Microsoft Streets and Trips (A WIN XP program) on my MacBook Pro via Parallels and it works just fine. Up until this year I kept a Dell Latitude laptop just for GPS use in our truck but I don't need it anymore!

I work in a college and I'm responsible for about 1700 PCs and 300 Macs. I have one technician taking care of the Macs and about 10 taking care of the PCs. My department selects, installs, configures and repairs all of them. Don't let anyone tell you a PC is better. Your time is worth something and you will spend many hours on a regular basis fixing, updating, and yelling at a PC running Windows. Even our technicians are afraid to install Vista! Macs can occasionally be a pain but 99% of the time they just work without installing drivers, or configuring ports.

IMHO, You won't regret getting a Mac. You won't have to deal with viruses, trojans and other malicious code like MS Office!

Good luck!

snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote