View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 01:50 PM   #40
WaltBennett
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam Worker View Post
Another direction maybe but I was interested in a Yamaha 2400 (I think) that would hold a higher output amperage for twenty or thirty seconds, more than enough to handle the extra juice required by some AC's when they are starting. I know Hondas are great and I loved them even though they were really the only game back in my construction days. Within two years the Yamahas were just as popular with my employers. My main thing was bringing something different to the table for you besides the two 2000's or one 3000 scenario. I am trying to decide whether I want to spend some money on solar or go the single small generator route for watching tv when boondocking as my built in unit is way overkill as it is designed to run two AC's. Uses a lot of propane to just watch tv using the satellite.

Tom Marty
We had two of that model - one could not start the 15k btu AC and had to gang them. Got to be too much hassle and went with a HF Predator 4k watt peak that does it fine and isn't much nosier than the two Yamahas running at the same time. Only need it when it's too hot and need the air conditioner though. Solar does everything else.