View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 03:55 PM   #1
GreatWhite
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13339
New Truck and Mods

Traded in my 05 Chev Silverado a week ago. The new tow is a Ford F250 XLT Superduty Diesel 4x4 with extended cab with a long bed.

Pulled the above bed part of theB&W Companion hitch from the truck to install in the new truck. So, tomorrow, I'm having a shop install the below bed kit. Then Wednesday, I'm getting a Line-X sprayed in the bed. The truck came with a DuraLiner. I'm hoping to sell it.. but, I doubt I'll get any takers.

Also installing rubber floor mats over the carpet to make it easier to keep clean.

I took the truck to a couple of shops last week to have a tubular 'running board' installed cuz the truck is high. The other things I did was to have a permanent power cord for my Garmen installed so I don't have cords dangling over the dash. Finally, I had a back-up camera installed. I was so spoiled by the b/u camera in my Toyota p/u that I just had to have one in the Ford.

The only other thing I have to do (until I can think of something else) is install the tire pressure monitor for the trailer. I was surprised to find the truck comes pre-fitted with tire pressure sensors AND trailer break control. I haven't figured out if it is adjustable like my Tekonsha or not.. but, I'll have to get our my manual.

Now, I have to sell my beloved Toyota Pre-Runner pickup. Such a sweet little truck.. Easier to run around town with.. but, can't afford to have two p/u's and a car.
GreatWhite is offline   Reply With Quote