View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 04:21 PM   #18
Hblick48
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21903
My F250 drops about 2 1/2 inches with my Montana hitched. Mine has the factory installed "camper package" which adds an upper overload leaf spring (like the F350). Airbags installed with this setup negate the overload springs. The airbags never allow the overload springs to engage. I just ordered Superspring SSS-2 Bump Stops which will engage the overload springs sooner. I contacted the factory and there is no problem using these stops without airbags. Hope this helps my leveling problem. Based on the sticker, I just figured out that I'm overloaded when I include the pin weight plus all of our stuff in the truck. Who would have thought that because I'm well within the maximum fifth wheel towing limit for the truck. Bought the truck and trailer setup together from the previous owner, would have thought that everything was within the limits. Due to financial restraints, I'm stuck with this setup, so I'll have to make do. Last year we went cross country and put on 8,500 miles, no issues. Plannng another cross country trip in Sept.
Hblick48 is offline   Reply With Quote