View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #21
Clemson1881
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9432
The advantage for dual ducted units is either can be ran alone and supply air to the entire coach evenly. Together the air output from the ceiling vents doubles, and you get a good even distrubution of air throughout the trailer. A ducted unit will be less noisy than a non-ducted one, but still will be heard quite well. The quick cool grills always allow for dumping 95% of the air output straight down for quick cooling or concentrating the cooling in one place more. Pre-installed ducting for the bedroom A/C started in 2009/2010 I believe. And far as running both units at night you only want to do that if it's really hot. If you throw too much BTUs out unnecessarily the compressors will not run enough to remove sufficient humidity for you to feel comfortable. It will be cool, but a thick damp kind of air. If my trailer is not below 40% humidity inside I know the A/Cs need the fan speed reduced or one turned off to allow for longer cooling cycles. The grey noise in the bedroom is preferable for us to drown out noises during the night, so if we run one the bedroom is it.
Clemson1881 is offline   Reply With Quote