View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 03:33 PM   #14
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
Steve, I just wanted to tell you how much your kind, supportive words meant to me. I was afraid anyone I shared this with would have thought I lost my mind completely.

I wanted to add that I have looked into insurance and the company we get all our ins. through is where my sweet niece works and she is pretty good at getting us the most bang for our buck within her capabilities anyway. She quoted us a price of under $900 a year through Progressive based on the cost of replacement of the RV (MSRP) and cost of replacement of the contents up to $20,000, towing up to 1000 miles per year (which won't be happening the first couple years anyway so she said the quote would be lower if we were to stay in one place), $300,000 in personal liability, a really good towing/roadside assistance pkg. with emergency expenses, and this is based on us not owning a home/stick house. Does this sound like a well-rounded and reasonable policy?

Sandi & John & 3 Shih Tzu from Michigan (2 adult sons, 1 DIL)
Considering selling stick house, purchasing a Montana, living in it full-time locally so we can continue to live near my elderly father. Continuing to work full-time. Dreaming of the day we can head south for winter!
Wannabe Full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote