View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 07:07 AM   #13
Rsmarlow82
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22550
So I've posted a number of negative comments on this unit being a "All season" unit and while I don't take any back, I will share some of successes after doing some sealing and fixing things
1: we put a small foam seal around the sides and top of each slide . Used pipe insulation that we cut to fill the gap, as the needed size varied by slide and location on the slide Tops took 2" diameter to help seal
2: we installed a small ceramic heater in the underbelly area It keeps temps constant regardless of furnace operation
3: sealed every window( we have flush type) were there were large gaps in the weatherstripping, some 1" wide these were open holes to the outside
4: we installed a foil type insulation in each window bottom half installed behind the screens theses are the big side windows
5: sealed all end slide windows with window sealing material kind of a pain, but these those "slide windows" leak like drives
6: sealed as best can with various material around the skirting entire camper perimeter what a difference
7: sealed gaps around entrance door, under the step unit, and under the area as best can It still leaks air .. unbelievable Called a step above Lol Maybe below

So our results: We are in central Indiana, it is - 10 f , windy, and furnace is struggling to keep it at 65, and of course that is temp at the thermostat but surviving Running electric furnace, additional 1500 watt ceramic heater, and wearing several layers of clothing

Yes, we will never do this again We have a reason for being here in this weather ( newborn grandson) but let me be very clear :

Keystones' claim that this unit is "All season" is a bold face lie