View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #12
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
While not new to the ownership of a fifth wheel, I am fairly new to owning a Montana. After encountering numerous “small” issues I decided to join the MOC to see if the problems were common to other owners.
In the short time I have been on the forums I have found much valuable information. I have seen others assisted by those who had previously encountered the same problems and were willing to share their experiences and expertise.

In this thread the opening post referred to an unhappy Alpine owner. That post was followed by someone who is currently having a nightmare experience with being a new Montana owner. Although not stated, his obvious negative feelings for the product are evident. There was also mention of others who had expressed displeasure. We also have the comments that those that are happy say nothing, or are less likely to speak out and say how happy they are. So far we are about 50/50 here in this thread. So the happy do pop out of the woodwork from time to time.

I am with Hooker on any survey results. We see them all the time put out by government and commercial or special interest groups. How and what is asked and how they are worded, as well as who commissions them, has a direct bearing on the results of the survey.

When I hear or see the statement made “I have had absolutely no problems with my unit” I shake my head in disbelief, no one who has ever owned an RV of any make or model can make that statement unless they are also selling snake oil on the other side of their RV.

There are significant problems with the Keystone product, if through these forums we make a good case for the need of improvement, and if Keystone is truly listening to their customers then maybe, just maybe the problems will be addressed at the factory, eliminating them before the product reaches the consumer.

Then we could all just be what we wanted to be in the first place “Happy Campers”.
Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote