Thread: Manual
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 11:12 AM   #9
daveinaz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23256
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQDick View Post
In my opinion, next to useless is the technical name for a Keystone owners manual. You can get more info from the videos on the support section of their website.
Ditto. It was the same way with our motorhome a few years back. A lot of generic information but nothing specific on the unit itself. Let's see, back then we had a Chevy chassis with some Ford parts thrown in just for good measure.

When a part broke (heater blower, windshield wiper motor), it took numerous phone calls and internet searching just to find out which part to get to replace it. That's when I found that the actual squirrel cage blower motor under the dash was Chevy, but the controlling rheostat they put in for the switch came from a Ford F350 van. No one knew who made the original windshield wiper motor because they switched venders back and forth and they had NO documentation -- even with a VIN. I eventually tracked down the vender in GA and got a replacement motor. But then wiring it was a chore because sometimes they had an external ground wire and sometimes they integrated the ground wire into the harness..

But I digress. Just saying Amen to DQDICK that next to useless is, unfortunately, par for the course.

Oh, and a wiring diagram. May as well look for pink unicorns!

Dave in AZ
2008 Montana 3400RL
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel Dually
daveinaz is offline   Reply With Quote