Thread: Shakedown
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2004, 02:44 AM   #14
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
Admittedly I do not have a lot of experiance with brake controllers. Most of my towing has been done with big trucks with air brakes all the way back.
But what towing I have done, I was very aware I had a trailer back there. When I hit the brakes the trailer would bump the truck. And adjusting either made it to soft or too strong and end up dragging the tires. I just got to the point I was glad I had brakes.
With the tow command I knew if the brake circut was good as soon as I hooked it up. The controller automatically comes on and shows the level it is set at. The braking was so smooth I could not feel the trailer. I cut the controller back just to see what happened. It really is working. But extremely smooth operating.
With motion controllers it has to sense slowing down. With the tow command it works through the antilock computer if I understand it right. It knows the instant I start braking and sends a signal to the trailer. I do not feel it at all. Needless to say I think it is a good investment. At $350 I thought it was a bit steep but I am glad I had it added. It is not part of the tow package. You must specify for it to be added. I give it two thumbs up! lol.

Rick.

trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote