Old 10-17-2018, 12:46 PM   #14
Butchiiii
Established Member

M.O.C. #22836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelas View Post
We love our 3791RD.
having said that;
Picked it up June of this year, took it on a 3 week trip. We could see fairly soon the wall between the washer and dryer was bowing out and the wall in the closet was coming apart.
As soon as we got back we made a appointment with camping world of Las Vegas, it took a week to get it in, it took 4 days for them to look at it after that.

They found which I suspected was a crack either in the wall by the bedroom slide or the frame.
The procedure is for camping world to give Keystone a estimate for storage and diagnosis, then get approval for repairs based on what is found.

Long story short, they found cracks in the wall by the bedroom slide, keystone has a set of repair instructions for the dealer to follow to complete the repair. Not until the crack repair is done will they order the wood that needs to be replaced. The order wood panels will take 4 to 6 weeks to come in.

I am now waiting for the wood to come in, then to be installed.

3 weeks of use, 3 months in the shop, 3 months of payments, insurance, and 3 months so far of warranty wasted. And growing.

I asked the dealer it they will give me new batteries, because mine will be completely dead by the time I get the fifer back, they said no.

Odiously we are frustrated, but in the end we are hoping for a better than new fifth wheel that we can enjoy for a long time.

My advise is to keep inspecting your unit for cracks, especially the expansion joint near the bedroom slide.

Hi Bruce, is this a common problem with the 3790/3791's? How can one go about inspecting the frame for cracks? Does it affect any on the other slides?
Butchiiii is offline   Reply With Quote