Thread: Is this normal
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 04:15 PM   #10
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
That's one reason I rotate my tires every 5,000 miles. I remember to do this because I rotate the tires myself when I changed the dino oil in my '06 Ford F-250. I have the F-350 leaf spring set and 17 in rims/tires to support the F-350 weight rating. This requires 65 psi in frobt and 75 on the rear wheels. With the extra 2,000 lbs on the rear axle when towing (I fulltime and move twice or more a month), I only suspect the rears wear out faster than the fronts. But since I rotate the tires they are wearing even.

No complaints using my Michelins on my TV except, I use to deflate the rear tires all around to 60 psi. This stopped the hard ride when not towing or loaded. Unfortunately, after the third tire separated and each time they were replaced under warranty for a small fee, I no longer mess with inflation. It's 65 in front, 75 in back and I monitor this religiously. The trailer stays at 80 psi on my STs.

To summarize, rotating tires would cause even wear all around. Or, don't rotate and expect to replace only two tires at a time when they wear out faster than the fronts.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote