View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 05:22 PM   #16
snowbunny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #409
I am overwhelmed with the responses! We will be travelling down the east coast to around Daytona/New Smyrna in early Feb. so that we can visit some friends in Deltona. They have no place for us to stay so it would be nice to stay along the coast. I am a water person so I prefer a route that puts me in campgrounds where I can get my toes in the sand without driving hours to get there. So it would be nice to travel along the gulf coast towards Texas and Arizona.

We travelled this route about 30 years ago in our first experience with RVing and that's why we have a Montana now. That trip we stayed at a KOA just west of New Orleans, at a KOA near San Antonio and at a campground in Atlantic Beach Florida. I thing it was called Hanna Park.

We have friends in Tucson Estates that we will be visiting and would like to see the area around Mission Texas where I gather a bunch of MOC members winter. I would like to spend some time around South Padre Island as I believe it is similar to the Outer Banks of North Carolina that we LOVE. (Heading there in three weeks!)

I have been interested in Ft. Desoto for years but heard that only Florida residents could make reservations. Is this true?

Once we leave Tucson in April we'll make a bee-line back to Vermont and will probably only stay a night or so at any place along the road.

Another of our considerations is finding campgrounds with reasonable rates by the week or month for future reference. We are even considering finding a place we can store the Montana for a reasonable price in the far south to save diesel on future trips. That way, we can drive down, hook up and travel for several month each winter. We won't be RVing in the spring/summer/fall for the forseeable future. Besides,we are 600 feet from Lake Chanplain in a beautiful part of the state. We are where people go when they are RVing!

Anyway, I appreciate all the help!

Thanks

Jim
snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote