View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 05:32 PM   #1
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Made it to Casper

Yesterday, we moved from Provo, UT to Rawlins, WY. The day started out with so much rain and mist that we could not see the beautiful snowcapped mountains that surrounded our CG in Provo. The rain soon was mixing with snow. Not far into Wyoming, we stopped for fuel at a TA and got my feet very wet in about three inches of slush in the area around the pumps. Get set up in Rawlins in the slushy rain. This morning, Sunshine woke me for our morning walk and we discovered snow on our steps and the rain puddles from last night had a skin of ice on top. I-80 was closed at Rawlins because of the snow at Elk Mountain and the semis were backed up further that could be seen. The sun was out and melted the snow and ice and the roads were dry so we left around noon for Casper. The state highway was dry and clear and we made it in about two hours. We are visiting with my son, who lives here, and will leave Wednesday for Little Big Horn, which we missed when we came through here last spring. We are coming out of this journey with a real love for The West.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote