Thread: Diesel prices
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 05:56 PM   #335
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Just passed our local gas station and diesel is up to a whopping $4.299 per gallon. GULP! I have read this thread with great interest and see how some people report it had gone down a bit, but not here in the good old Detroit Metro area where thousands are unemployed because of the American Axel strike. Dick is currently in that group of unemployed Michiganders and it's of course affecting all businesses around here as well.

This will definitely alter our plans of travel this year. We'll have to go shorter distances and stay longer in each place to try and off set and back off the accelerator some too.

I don't know what the answer is to fix this huge problem but everything any of us purchase is affected by fuel prices as everything has to be shipped from point A to B and I'm sure that even goes to something going to point C and further.

We are just getting ready to start our Great Adventure and this is going to make it far more challenging to say the least. That being said we are going to try and keep a positive outlook and mind set and just look at it as a huge learning experience while having the goal of enjoying each and every minute of it.

The good news is we've own "Sky" now for five years and have everything it her we need, and full timing doesn't really allow one to add too much so that will limit purchases anyway.

Still $4.299 and rising is cause for a huge GASP when one sees the fuel tank gage dropping and telling you it's time to fill her up again.
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote