View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 06:45 AM   #55
danandbetty
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10132
We love our 5er and have no complaints. I owned a Newmar diesel pusher MH before retiring and liked it too. There are certainly advantages to each. Here's a big one for me: Living in Alaska I have to be careful with my 5er to not head home through the Canadian mountains too early in the spring because towing my Monty on slick roads is mighty stressful. Especially steep downhill runs (and there are plenty in that country). Sometimes there are snow storms in those passes in late April and frankly I get stressed out worrying about that. In our previous MH that was not an issue...it took the mountain passes and slick roads with ease. On the other hand we really love living in our Monty which we do way more days of the year than we spend driving on or avoiding slick roads. Our Monty feels like it has more room than the MH even though the MH was a 38'. The other big factor for me is the cost of a MH. We live year around very nicely in our 3400RL and get great service from our Dodge dually for less than half of what I paid for the diesel pusher. If I won the lottery I may go back to the MH concept but that's not likely. Have fun making your decision and enjoy being on the road.
danandbetty is offline   Reply With Quote