View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 03:33 PM   #51
David West
Established Member

M.O.C. #11266
Interesting thread, as we have sure considered both. Personally, I'd think a big motor coach would be easier to deal with, but for us, it comes down to having one "drive while parked" vehicle. Perhaps after we are in the full time world for a while, we'll change our mind. Since we already have the dually pickup, just can't jump out and get a MH, as my lady would have to follow me (or the other way around).
But, a lot of my thinking on going with a fifth wheel is we plan to be in about four spots for the entire year. So, less time on the road.
Trust me, if anyone hires me as the next great rock singer, I'd be happy to get the giant bus.... and the double decker toy hauler trailers. As I don't expect anyone to pay me to sing (since I can't sing), then I think a fifth wheel will do us well. My eventual goal after we get the fifth wheel is to get a medium or heavy truck to pull it, then upgrade to a larger fifth wheel. In my very unlightened and amateur opinion, seems easier to swap out either the pull vehicle or the fifth wheel rather than one big bus. But, again, I'm just getting into this, so any comments (or slaps to the head :-) will be taken as a learning experience. As I want to haul my motorcycle, seems that limits my motor home choices, but again I just am not positive.
For now it will be the Mountaineer 347THT and then see what happens!
David West is offline   Reply With Quote