View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 04:23 AM   #25
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Just one of my jobs before being drafted into the Army and after I retired was a over the Road Truck driver. I ran 38 States and Canada. I can assure you that some Truck drivers do have issues with those of us who are in the RV's. Most call us Happy Campers. However from the Truck drivers view point, I can understand. Most RVer's can go and buy a rig thats 40' long or more with a standard drivers license and drive coast to coast none stop. A Truck driver by law can only drive so many hours before they have to shut down. And then they try to get into a Truck stop and there we are with our RV's taking up a parking spot. Then were does the Truck driver go???? It has happened to me many times. We very seldom use a Truck Stop for overnight. If I did I would use the RV parking area only. For those who haven't driven a Truck its a very hard job, most just see us in those shiny Freightliner, Peterbilts or Kenworths but believe me its a lot more to the job than that. So when you see those Knights of the Road say Hi, they keep America going, without Trucks there will be no America as we know it. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote