Thread: Macerate
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 02:33 PM   #6
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
A Flo-Jet macerator fits directly on the RVs waste plumbing outlet. We have used one for 3 years and am very happy with how it operates but it does make a bunch of noise. You do need a 3/4" hose though a 5/8" will work but not nearly as well over 15-20 feet. Don't get a Harbor Freight 3/4" hose. It's tough but almost impossible to roll up easily (if at all)

I use a Valterra gate valve and a 45 degree elbow for ease of use. The Flo-Jet comes with a back wash port that also acts as a grinder internal cleaner.

I pull open the black tank valve and wait a few seconds for the pipe to fill then turn on the grinder and open the Valterra valve. I then close the Valterra then open the bath gray tank to backwash the black tank and do another grind. Next, shut the BR tank valve and on to the galley tank and another black tank backwash. The job is finished by hooking up the fresh water hose and back washing the drain line and black tank with the BR and galley tank valves closed.

The pump over temp sensor will occasionally shut you down in mid flush. Wait a couple minutes to cool then restart.

You do need a spare grinder wheel and gaskets though I cut my own gaskets for a lot less dollars. You may need to disassemble the pump for some reason. Simple. It's amazing what gets wound around the shaft
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote