View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 07:13 AM   #13
BiggarView
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19382
Send a message via AIM to BiggarView
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekG View Post
....He simply didn’t have enough staff to deal with the warranty work on all the units coming back and his PDI was taking him twice as long as prior....

...I inquired to my family member RV dealer and that’s when I learned about the way Keystone was running their factories.

...the local RV/trailer repair place informed me that Keystone products are the worst that they see coming through their shop.
To your specific allegations that I noted...

1) Short staffed would necessarily mean longer PDI times And warranty work would take up inordinate time to resolve... not a Keystone issue, but rather a dealership issue.

2) Factory work processes... is a claim by a dealership without proof, could be an agenda to direct sales toward more expensive or higher profit margin units. Just sayin'.

3) Repair facilities saying one brand is the worst would go against their "raison d'etre". As a repair facility, I'd want the units that are in need of repairs, the more the better... that would be my bread and butter. In theory, the most solidly built reliable units would be the worst for my bottom line since they would never end up in my shop. Again, just sayin'. Sometimes one has to cut thought the double speak to get to the truth.

Sooooo... what I'm hearing is a lot of opinion, anecdotal evidence, but little in the way of verifiable facts. I'm not defending Keystone but others on here seem to be, by and large, satisfied with their purchases. Clearly yours did not go so well. Perhaps you can illuminate your issues and what you attempted to do to resolve it/them so we all can learn from your experience rather than just bash the product.

Is it possible your expectations are unreasonably high and thus your dissatisfaction "pain threshold" is more easily breached?

The only reason I say these things, is we are considering the 3810/3811 MS for our future rig, so your issues could be relevant to our research. The shrillness of your tone... makes me not want to listen(read) any further but then how is that productive for either of us?

2017 RAM 3500 Laramie CCLB Dually CTD Aisin, OEM auto level rear air-ride, B&W hitch
2020 3813MS Legacy Cobalt FBP, MORryde 8K IS & pinbox, PI EMS,DIY mods by in-house "craftsman", RV security system Mk1 Beagle Alerter
BiggarView is offline   Reply With Quote