View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 04:37 AM   #39
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Phil, Sue, and others: I believe it wasn't just watching us work, it was also having to work themselves - whether in the home or outside; work to get allowance, money for movies, the 'luxury' items that they wanted. Being military, we didn't have a lot of 'expendable' income during my daughters years at home. So, she had to work to earn and get some of the things that her classmates were given. I remember one day when she commented on how poorly one of her 'friends' spoke to her folks and treated her car and clothing. She (my daughter) stated her friend probably wouldn't be doing that if she had to pay for it herself!!! It hasn't changed as they've gotten older either, at least from what my daughter tells me. My wife and I often had 'talks' about how my military career interferred with giving the things to my daughter that other kids her age were being giving. We would have liked to, but with the constant moves and all, we couldn't; we couldn't get them for ourselves either. (Wife looking over my shoulder says 'Oh poor you!!!! ). In any case, --- Now we look back at it and say it was all for the better.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote