View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 10:02 AM   #1
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Ford recall 14E03

Anyone with a 2011 thru 2014 (I think) Ford 6.7 diesel will likely get a recall notice if you have not already. Or check on line to see if you are affected. I would suggest you take it in for the computer reflash. It might save you from getting stuck on the side of the road.

It is to prevent the engine from immediately shutting down on a high exhaust temp sensor. There has been a problem with those sensors going bad and reporting extremely high temps.

I had a sensor fail about 3 months ago. I was towing a small utility trailer on the highway, slowed to pull onto some land we own, slowed to about 5 mph, message popped up on display "stop safely now", engine immediately died, and I barely coasted enough to get the trailer off the highway. If it had been the Monte it would have blocked the highway. Had I been slowing for a traffic light or stop sign or to turn a corner, I would have been stuck in the middle of the road.

The reflash is supposed to correct the engine dying problem. I confirmed that with the service advisor, but forgot to ask what would happen with the new reflash if a sensor went bad again.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote