View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 10:38 AM   #48
Mel B.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19469
CPAP

I'm 55 been wearing a CPAP since I was 32 years old. 10 years ago insurance bought me a new machine. Up till then I never brought it with me in the RV. So I ordered a 12 volt connector for the CPAP to run in a plug in like a Cig. Lighter It never had enough power to run the machine at full power. I then bought a 15' coiled cord like an old phone cord and connected and installed to small clamps(Like on Jumper cables only smaller.I would run the cable out the bedroom window and hook it up to one of the two batteries on my truck. Worked great. I used that one untill last year when I got another new machine. So I orderd a new plug in on amazon. It was great, I plugged the second machine into to a plug in for the bedroom for a 12 volt tv. I couldn't believe it!! It work so good, Now when we got home in Sept. We bought our first Montana 5th wheel, We haven't spent one night in it yet. I think it will work fine. I think the newer technoligy today makes a newer CPAP work fine in an R.V May you sleep like a baby.
Mel