View Single Post
Old 11-13-2004, 06:16 AM   #1
Montana_1892
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1892
Adding heater outlet

Hi All,
i was doing some exploring in my electrical area on our '02 3670RL. i got the fifty amp/W/D option when we purchased. i assumed incorrectly that the extra 20 amp circuit would go to the W/D and second Air Conditioner circuit. When i traced all the wiring, the 20 amp incoming breaker went to the main Air Conditioning unit and no other place.
My solution was to remove the panel in the floor of closet/storage area as you come in the door, which is above the eletrical panel. real easy once you get all the staples out. Then i wired a 20 amp receptical into the 20 amp main breaker and located it next to the C02 detector, which is on the side of that closet/storage area, near the floor, per code height.
we only use this outlet when we are not operating the Main AC unit, ie in the cold months, were we plug in a 1500 watt electric heater, electricy being cheaper here than propane. i took a new Holmes heater and replaced the original cord with a heavy duty cord of sufficent length to place the heater in the center of the living area.
All components were readily available at Home Depot.
my 2 cent up grade ...
Montana_1892 is offline   Reply With Quote